Photobucket

Sunday, March 22, 2009

ALVIN AILEY AMERICAN DANCE THEATRE

Photobucket

Happy 50th Anniversary to Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre! On December 12, 2008, I was incredibly fortunate to witness and photograph the world premiere of Festa Barocca, by Italian choreographer Mauro Bigonzetti. The 45-minute piece was full of vibrant color, constant energy and movement and celebration, featuring all 31 Ailey dancers. As Bigonzetti introduced the piece with Judith Jamison, AAADT Artistic Director, he said he began choreography and collaboration with the dancers and before he knew it, fell in love with all of them as he continually added more and more dancers to the stage.

Photobucket

This was an "ah-ha!" moment for me. I was sitting in a theatre, with premiere privileges as "Press" (for Movmnt Magazine) to photograph amazing dance - my passion in one setting. I was the youngest of any of the seven other photographers there, and I realized that I am achieving my dreams and doing what I can to pursue this career NOW because you can only live in the present.

Enjoy more photos HERE.

Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home